Monday, March 28, 2011

Homemade bug repellent for a vegetable garden.

I just started trying to garden. And I found a recipe online for an organic bug repellent.

The recipe:
-3 Jalapeno pepper(or any hot pepper)
-2 cups of water
- a couple of squirts of soap or dish detergent****DO NOT USE ANY THAT HAS BLEACH****
-Spray bottle

You take the water and peppers put them in a blender and blend them together. I do not recommend putting the soap in while you are blending because mine foamed all up. Then you strain the mixture with a mesh strainer and a funnel into a spray bottle. Then add the soap. Secure spray lid tightly and shake together.

How to you: Spray liberally all over plant. The front and back of the leaves.

I just made it today and used it, so I will let you know how it works.`

No comments:

Post a Comment